In the Science of Therapeutic Yoga you will learn the foundations of constructing therapeutic yoga interventions in both group and one-on-one settings. Drawing from essential concepts of the Wisdom Method, including a person-centered, seasonal, and lifestyle-based approach, attention to the layers of the embodied energy matrix, and structural integration within the context of yoga asana, the Science of Therapeutic Yoga is a course for advancing your teaching practice and enriching your professional offerings. The full course is 40 hours and all certified yoga teachers and manual and movement therapists are encouraged to attend.
***This is a required course in the Wisdom Method Yoga Therapy programs.***
- Creating person-centered approaches to a variety of conditions
- Developing alternate treatment protocols for different types
- Asana, Pranayama, and Dhyana as Medicine
- Constructing a Therapeutic class in the Wisdom Method style
- Introduction to Doshic yoga and the Primary doshas
- Introduction to the 3 primary body types: endomorph, ectomorph, mesomorph
- Unraveling fascial tension patterns for structural wisdom
- Yoga asana as elemental expressions of the vayus
The Science of the Wisdom Method, Professionalism for Yoga Teachers + Yoga Therapists, and Musculoskeletal Evaluation + Body Observation.